31 July 2011

Not My Lucky Day

Let me start by saying that I have just recently got my P's and able to drive and go places by myself. but much to my disappointment my car isn't on the same page as me and isn't "road worthy". Just because it has some bodge-y brakes I'm not allowed to drive it. I mean, worse case scenario is that I get everywhere faster because I can't stop. Ridiculous!

Isn't it cute?! It has pop-up headlights!
Who wouldn't want to drive it? (Even with bodge-y brakes.)

Anyways, the point that I'm getting to is I have a car (That's not road worthy), my brother has a car (That's at the cop-shop getting repaired after being backed into), my dad has a car (That wouldn't start), and my mum has a car (that had a flat battery)!

Now, just for a recap, that's all four people in my family, all people with cars, and every one of them didn't run this morning!

But it doesn't end there - not even close.

Charmed - Season Two
An epic TV series about witches
This story  becomes all the more tragic because I planned to go into to town today to buy the next season of 'Charmed' - an old TV series about witches that I am completely obsessed with at the moment, it's epic! - and the book Wolfsbane (the epic sequel to Nightshade by Andrea Cremer) that just came out that I have been waiting dieing to read.

So I get Dad to put Mum's car battery on charge since it is the easiest on to fix. But that still meant that I had to wait half the day for the battery to charge - why is the world so cruel to me??

After may long hours of looking at the clock every few minutes, the car was working.

YAY!!

Finally, I'm able to head into town, thinking, This day is starting to look up.

But oh, no - that would be waaay too easy.

I got stuck behind a road train, got every red light and it took me for-ev-er to find a park. But I saw the silver lining, I really did. I could have been at home. Doing Physics assignments *shivers*.

The second novel in the awesome
Nightshade trilogy about shape-shifters
So I head into the store, wanting to get this day over as soon as possible. I went to the book section, I was in luck (for the first time that day), they had Wolfsbane and it was cheaper that I thought! Yay, cheap books!

Sadly, my luck didn't hold.

They didn't have season two of Charmed.

By this point, I just wanted to go home, curl up in bed, and sleep until tomorrow - but I pushed through. Not willing to be beaten by my bad luck, I bought seasons three, four and five of Charmed along with Wolfsbane.

Ha! Suck on that world!


My smug mood held until I was in the car park and remembered that there was a good chance that the car wont start and that the only thing waiting at home was a couple days worth of homework.

So yeah, not my lucky day...


2 comments :

  1. Ouch -.- That sucks. But at least you have your Ps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess, but there's no point in having them if you don't have a car to drive...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy reading,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 53 ) Adventure ( 3 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 40 ) Aussie Author ( 19 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 94 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 175 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 14 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 19 ) Contemporary ( 186 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 139 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 138 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 1 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 18 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 280 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 21 ) Hachette Australia ( 1 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 24 ) LGBTQ+ ( 5 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 47 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 4 ) Mythology ( 2 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 165 ) New Adult College Romance ( 1 ) Paranormal ( 53 ) Paranormal Romance ( 16 ) Playlist ( 4 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 110 ) Review Request ( 21 ) Romance ( 213 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 2 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 11 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 15 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Superheroes ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 11 ) Teaser ( 33 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 5 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 107 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )