30 August 2011

Awkward Moments ... Erm ...


My life this week has seems to be filled with a string of awkward moments - and it doesn't look like it's going to be letting up any time soon.

Here is my top 5 awkward moments of this week:



#5. When my mum says that I have no compassion.

Sitting at the dinner table, we were talking about how some people don't know how to show emotion. Mum says that my father is like that, then mumbled "Like Father, like Daughter."

I, was personally a little outraged, Dad just just sat there and continued to watch the TV as  he rolled his eyes.

Then, as if it was an after thought, Mum says, "You don't have any compassion."

That stung a little.

I know that I'm not really the warm and fuzzie feelings sort of person, but to say that I have no compassion is a little bit harsh.

#4. Having caught the end of a random's conversation about your mates.

My friends and I were sitting at our table at lunch time when two girls walked by. I just happened to catch the end of their conversation "... looked at a couple and thought, 'Yeah, they've had sex.'"

I'd chocked on the bit of food I was eating and knew they were talking about Horse and his his Girlfriend.

The really awkward part was that I wasn't quiet sure that's what they'd said - or really hoping it wasn't.

And the really, really awkward part was looking over at Horse and his Girlfriend and thinking 'Yeah, they have had sex.'

#3. Being told that I should star in the next Supersize Me movie.

My Physics class was on an excursion and we stopped at McDonald's on the way back to school.

Now I don't like McDonald's, and was rather annoyed that the teacher has stopped here for lunch. My mate Simmo on the other hand loves McDonald's and was trying to get me to eat some of his french fries.

The conversation went something like this:
Simmo: You should have some chips.
Me: No, you know I don't like them.
Simmo: Come on, you're in training for the lead role in Supersize Me 2.
Entire Class: Oooohhhhh!

Now everyone has taking what he said and took his mean that I was really fat.

Realizing what his words had sounded like, he began to apologize to me profusely. I was rather embarrassed by the whole situation - even though I knew that he hadn't meant it that way - I just got up from the table and walked over to the bus to wait by it until we left.

I let Simmo squirm for the next couple of hours think that I hated him and that I was going to do something horrible as payback.

#2. When my maths teacher compares me to his wife.

For a maths assignment, I was getting help from my teacher, Mr H, on how to make a certain graph on word. I borrowed Missi Moo's (Best Friend) laptop so he could make it on there.

Mr H and I have this back and forth banter that we do, so  of course he has to bark orders at me.

Like:
- Come on! How long does it take you to open a document?!
- What, don't you know your fricken' password? Geez!
And the list goes on.

Eventually, I got up the document and he created me a graph.

However, he made the mistake of asking me if that was what I wanted.

I'm very fussy and a perfectionist when it comes to my assignment, and it wasn't exactly what I wanted.

I proceed to make him alter the graph a mulitude amount of time until I was happy with it, and I would just like to point out, making this graph required quite a few lengthy equations that needed to be entered onto the computer.

After he'd gotten the graph right, Mr. H asked me if I wanted the labels left on the axis. I couldn't make  up my mind, and Mr. H got really annoyed and start ranting about women:

"Bloody women! What is it with you and not being able to make a decision? You're as bad as my wife. I ask her a simple question of where or not she wants me to cook steak for dinner or something else, and she spends the next ten minutes umming and arrhing about it."

Now, by this point, the whole class is cracking up and I'm laughing so hard that I can't answer the question anyway, all the while thinking, 'Did he just compare me to his wife?'


And the award for most awkward moment goes to ...


#1. My parents talking about my best friend's sex life.

If you think that the sex talk with your parents is bad, it has nothing on this.

I was sitting down at the dinner table in a nice meal talking about my up-coming weekend. All of my friends were going around to Missi Moo's Boyfriends house Friday after school and then staying the night. It was meant to be a movie marathon thing where everyone brings a bunch of movies and we all vote on the one we wanted to watch and then us girls would just disregard the boys comments and watch what we wanted.

So we were talking about the fact that Missi Moo wasn't able to stay the night because her parents didn't want her having sex with Squid (Missi Moo's Boyfriend).

I thought this was ridiculous!

So instead of staying the night with us 4 girls and 5 boys, she went Friday afternoon, got picked up at about 10 o'clock that night, then came back the following morning and stayed until late afternoon. I personally think it would have been easier to just stay the night or not go at all. But on the other hand I could total see where they were coming from - sort of. My parents had the same sort of opinion. I would like to point out that they have been going out for just over two year and - to the extent of my knowledge - they have not slept together yet. I mean, it's not like they would want their first time to happen with Squids parents and 8 of their friends just outside the door.

Now that would be awkward!

2 comments :

  1. Wow. So, how's your week been?? LOL ;) Awkward maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL just because it was awkward, doesn't mean that it wasn't fun :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy reading,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 54 ) Adventure ( 3 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 40 ) Aussie Author ( 19 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 95 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 175 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 14 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 19 ) Contemporary ( 188 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 141 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 139 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 1 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 19 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 283 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 21 ) Hachette Australia ( 1 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 24 ) LGBTQ+ ( 5 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 47 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 4 ) Mythology ( 2 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 166 ) New Adult College Romance ( 1 ) Paranormal ( 54 ) Paranormal Romance ( 17 ) Playlist ( 4 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 110 ) Review Request ( 21 ) Romance ( 215 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 2 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 11 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 15 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Superheroes ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 11 ) Teaser ( 33 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 5 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 108 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )