20 December 2011

Waiting on Wednesday [2]

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that are eagerly anticipated.

This Week's Book
Touch of Power (Healer #1) by Maria V. Snyder
Publication Date: AUS January 3rd 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Mills & Boon
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 400


Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan assumes their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Territories, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos.

Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life.


Why I Can't Wait:
Maria V. Snyder has an amazing ability to create new worlds where magic happens, and if her other novels set the bar, I have very high hopes and expectations for this new and upcoming series Healer starting with Touch of Power, or as it is referred to on Snyder's blog, TOP.

To see the animated version of the UK Touch of Power cover, click here

8 comments :

  1. I loved this book! Its such an aamazing book! It might have been a bit boring at first, but towards the middle and end, it was amazzing! Great WOW choice!!

    Farah @ MajiBookshelf
    Here is our WOW: http://majibookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this and the UK cover versions better than the US. Not that much longer to wait :-)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I know, right?! If I was to rake the covers it would go UK, US and then AUS. Even with all of Snyder's other novels, the UK cover seem to be the best - well in my opinion anyways! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a lot of people feature this book. It sure sounds amazing. Love the cover!! Great choice! Thank you for sharing!!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book does sound really good! I've seen it around in the blogosphere, but I've never read the synopsis. Thanks for sharing!

    Sophia
    My WoW :)
    The Book Basement

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds interesting; not heard of it before but I love the cover! I think I'll add it to my to read on goodreads!
    I just added it; I have heard of it but with a different cover, prefer this one much more though!!!

    Definitely read the HP books soon! I've heard the stories on audio and can't wait to read them all myself!
    Romi.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have it on pre-order. I enjoyed her other books so have high hopes for this one. I am a new follower/stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh I love the AUS cover! I have this one on Net Galley can't wait to read it! Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy reading,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 62 ) Adventure ( 3 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 42 ) Aussie Author ( 21 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 98 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 183 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 15 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 21 ) Contemporary ( 195 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 146 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 142 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 2 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 20 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 295 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 21 ) Hachette Australia ( 2 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 4 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 24 ) LGBTQ+ ( 6 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 47 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 4 ) Mythology ( 2 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 170 ) New Adult College Romance ( 2 ) Paranormal ( 56 ) Paranormal Romance ( 17 ) Playlist ( 4 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 113 ) Review Request ( 21 ) Romance ( 227 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 2 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 11 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 15 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Superheroes ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 11 ) Teaser ( 37 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 5 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 113 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )