14 February 2012

Cover Crazy [5]

 **'Cover Crazy' is a weekly meme hosted by The Book Worms showcasing a book's cover that you admire. In the post, you detail what it is about the cover that you love**

Hallowed (Unearthly, #2) by Cynthia Hand

What I Love:
I think what I love most about this cover is the stark contrast between the cold and soft tones of the forest and the models clothing, and the fire-y hot tone of the models hair. It could possibly be sublissminal reminder of the forest fire that was in the first novel Unearthly.
When I see this cover I get a chill. Both from how beautiful it is and how cold it looks and makes me feel.
The faint detailed swirls that surround the title are beautiful. I am such a sucker for swirl patterns. xD
I love the font used for the title and author. I like how it's all over the place with the use of both lower and upper case letters and the varying sizes of the letters.


Clara Gardner knew that as a part angel she would one day have to fulfill her purpose, rescuing Christian from a forest fire...what she never considered was what might happen if she were to fail. 

Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend Tucker, Clara must deal with the repercussions of what happened the day of the fire as the two boys vie for her heart. And, as she is drawn further into the world of angels and part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain after a shocking revelation, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.
 

8 comments :

  1. Love that cover! Hope you'll like my choice too. :)
    My Monday Memes post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love this cover too! It's so beautiful. This series is amazing! :)
    my cover crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so different from the US cover. I love it!

    Reading Lark's Cover Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! At first I didn’t recognize the book until I realized how different this is from the US cover that I am accustomed to. I have to say, I really like this one a lot better. I find it has a lot more going on and is much more interesting than the US cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like this cover and I'm really looking forward to reading the book too! I loved Unearthly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the new covers given to the Unearthly series. I have the first book in its original purple cover. But this one looks way awesome. Really angelic and kind of creepy looking at the same time.
    Btw, I LOVE the design of the blog. The background is sooo beautiful. Where did you get it?

    Cheery Reads' Cover Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I downloaded it off a website called Blogger Templates. They are specially made by people more technologically advanced than me. xD And best of all, they're FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE! I haven't bought any of the books in this series yet and may just wait until the new covers are available!!

    Here is my Cover Crazy post!

    Lindsay @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy reading,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 62 ) Adventure ( 3 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 42 ) Aussie Author ( 21 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 98 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 183 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 15 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 21 ) Contemporary ( 195 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 146 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 142 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 2 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 20 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 295 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 21 ) Hachette Australia ( 2 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 4 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 24 ) LGBTQ+ ( 6 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 47 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 4 ) Mythology ( 2 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 170 ) New Adult College Romance ( 2 ) Paranormal ( 56 ) Paranormal Romance ( 17 ) Playlist ( 4 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 113 ) Review Request ( 21 ) Romance ( 227 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 2 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 11 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 15 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Superheroes ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 11 ) Teaser ( 37 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 5 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 113 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )