14 February 2012

Dusty Reads [1]

**'Dusty Reads' is a weekly meme, hosted by  Xpresso Reads, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time.


Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead
Publication Date: August 23rd 2011
Publisher: Penguin Group Australia
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 432



BLOOD DOESN'T LIE.
Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway.

But what unfolds is far worse.

Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...



I bought this novel right after it came out in late August or early September of last year. I'm not sure why I haven't read it yet. I think I'm just not sure if I want the spin off of The Vampire Academy. I liked how it ended and this just seems to open up the story again.

But even so, I'm really curious about what happens and will end up reading this ... eventually. xD


3 comments :

  1. Ah, I have this dusty too =D. Since I haven't finish with Vampire Academy yet (I read my country version, and it was just out until Blood Promise) so I let it waiting on my shelf =p. I abruptly bought this because of Adrian, squeee~
    Hope you'll read this series soon and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Bloodlines is awesome! Very different from the VA books, but still great :-) I hope you get to read it soon!

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    My Dusty Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I read the next day this book was out. I am all crazy about Vampire Academy when it ended. This book is good in the second half..just give it a try soon and let me know what you think about the book. :) Here is my Dusty Reads.

    A new follower! I would love, if you follow my blog back at Books Are Magic.

    Vidya @ Books Are Magic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy Blogging,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 32 ) Adventure ( 1 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 37 ) Aussie Author ( 19 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 86 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 148 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 13 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 11 ) Contemporary ( 165 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 124 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 26 ) Excerpt ( 126 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 1 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 17 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 249 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 17 ) Hachette Australia ( 1 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 22 ) LGBTQ+ ( 3 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 45 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 3 ) Mythology ( 1 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 151 ) New Adult College Romance ( 1 ) Paranormal ( 52 ) Paranormal Romance ( 16 ) Playlist ( 2 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 18 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 102 ) Review Request ( 19 ) Romance ( 173 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 1 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 9 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 14 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 7 ) Teaser ( 24 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 3 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 3 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 94 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )