21 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday [10]

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that are eagerly anticipated.

This Week's Book
Underworld (Abandon Trilogy #2) by Meg Cabot
Publication Date: May 8th 2012
Publisher: Point
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 352


Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead.

Not this time.

But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.

Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.

But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.

And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape.


Why I Can't Wait:
I love the first novel in this series, Abandon, and the whole concept around the storyline. I think that this series is one of Meg Cabot's best work so far! I'm really interested to see what happens now that Pierce is in the Underworld with John. What will happen with Pierce's and John's relationship?

Gah! Why must we always wait so long?!

7 comments :

  1. I already started reading Abandon but I haven't finished it yet. I really have to finish it soon.
    Thanks for stopping by :D

    @BOOK WHALES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Abandon yet but I'll definitely be waiting for this in advance. LOL

    Von @ Mr. Book Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read book 1, but great pick :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is so gorgeous! Aw, c'mon, May's not that far away. :) I have a book on one of my lists that comes out in 2013 - I swear authors and pubs do this to mess with us.

    Abandon is part of one of my challenges this year, I can't wait to get to it - maybe even before May so I can dive into this one! Love your pick, I didn't even realize it was this close to coming out (even though it's May).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover. I didn't dare read the synopsis, because I haven't read Abandon yet. I'm dying to read that one. Great pick.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Happy reading!

    ~Danica
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Meg Cabot's Mediator series but I haven't read anything else by her YET! But I see this one around a lot and really need to check out the first in the series! Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have to read Abandon. Love the cover for this one, tho. Great pick!

    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy reading,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 62 ) Adventure ( 3 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 42 ) Aussie Author ( 21 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 98 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 183 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 15 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 21 ) Contemporary ( 195 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 146 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 142 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 2 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 20 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 295 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 21 ) Hachette Australia ( 2 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 4 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 24 ) LGBTQ+ ( 6 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 47 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 4 ) Mythology ( 2 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 170 ) New Adult College Romance ( 2 ) Paranormal ( 56 ) Paranormal Romance ( 17 ) Playlist ( 4 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 113 ) Review Request ( 21 ) Romance ( 227 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 2 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 11 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 15 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Superheroes ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 11 ) Teaser ( 37 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 5 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 113 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )