9 April 2012

Bonjour Paris!



I am so excited right now that I'm surprised that I can form coherent sentences and they don't look like this:

Ijsojerf njkregfre isra leksrnskje skrjfnr lesf lkdsmf lkdr klsfp!

The reason I'm so excited? I'M GOING TO PARIS!!

My art teacher decided that a trip to Paris would be fun (and educational, of course), so we're off to Paris in June!

There are a few things that I'm concerned about, like the fact that the extent of my French is excusez-moi and bonjour, and when I looked up the weather for there, it said it was 9 degrees with a high of 13 and a low of 4. Now I don't know if that's normal for other people, but where I live the average temperature is 37 degrees (that's Celsius) and the coldest it gets is 18. I'm actually going to have to buy warm clothes!

But other than that, I'm so pumped that I can't wait for June!




To celebrate this awesome occasion, I thought that I would read a Paris themed book:


Anna and the French Kiss
by Stephanie Perkins


Released December 2nd 2010
by Dutton Books



Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction high in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt.






What would you want to see or do in Paris?

3 comments :

  1. Damn you. I wish I could go to Paris as well but dad wouldn't let me unless mum did as well and that's out of the question considering work and all. I am so jealous right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a great opportunity to get to go and I'm so lucky that my parents are allowing me to go! Maybe you'll get there one day soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will LOVE Paris! I went for work and my French is about the same as yours but there are many Parisians willing to help if you need it and most speak English. I only had one day to see as much as I could and I took full advantage. I would love to go back and enjoy it more. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy Blogging,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 32 ) Adventure ( 1 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 37 ) Aussie Author ( 19 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 86 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 148 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 13 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 11 ) Contemporary ( 165 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 124 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 26 ) Excerpt ( 126 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 1 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 17 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 249 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 17 ) Hachette Australia ( 1 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 22 ) LGBTQ+ ( 3 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 45 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 3 ) Mythology ( 1 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 151 ) New Adult College Romance ( 1 ) Paranormal ( 52 ) Paranormal Romance ( 16 ) Playlist ( 2 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 18 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 102 ) Review Request ( 19 ) Romance ( 173 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 1 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 9 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 14 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 7 ) Teaser ( 24 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 3 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 3 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 94 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )