12 April 2012

Growing Pains


I don't know if you've noticed, but over the last week I have made some modifications to my blog.

I've been adding gadgets, rearranging the side bar, adding pages, and modifying my layout and format. All in the hopes of bumping my hit rate up to 100 per day. The reason why? I want to be apart of Blog Tours, and to do that, they say I need this magic number.



So what's new and improved here at Rolling with the Moments?


I now have a BUTTON! YAY! I was so excited to finally have one. It took me a while to make it and get it to work right in my sidebar, but I am very happy with the results.





There is now a page menu up the top of my blog with new pages such as:
I had heaps of fun writing my about me page. I did my research first, looking at what other had written on their blogs, and I noticed a strange trend. ALOT of bloggers seem to have one or more cats. Has anyone else noticed this? It made me feel kinda left out 'cause I don't have any cats, only a dog and a couple dozen interbred fish (I swear that they never stop breeding with one another!).


I've also decided that it is about time that i participated in a giveaway. So my (hopefully) lucky first giveaway is a HOP hosted by One A Day YA, titled Showers of Books, running from April 20th to 25th. The book that I am giving away is The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get lots of entries!


You can now follow my post and/or comments via RSS feed! Man, it took me a while to even figure out what it was, not to mention how to set it up, but in the end, I got it worked out.



There is now a mail badge at the top of my blog so that you people can now send me an email, if you ever feel so inclined. I am happy to answer and stupid or random questions (though I probably won't be any help unless it's a maths problem xD), because I don't really have much of life and therefore heaps of free time.


I now have a Facebook page! So it would be super awesome if were to go and check it out. I'm not really sure what I'm meant to do with said Facebook account, so any feedback that you have would be most welcome!



And last, but not least, I now have a Copyright! It makes me feel so important and special, having it there at the bottom of my blog - even if I only write rubbish ramblings, much like this post.




So what do you think? 
Have my hours I front of the computer screen making modifications changed my blog for the better? 
Or am I still missing something?



4 comments :

  1. Like it! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look and sound so professional now! And I love the Battle of the Nations. It's a great idea. Your button looks great too.

    Oh, and I still don't even know what an RSS is. Eh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! That means a lot!

    And don't worry about not knowing what RSS is, 'cause I don't really know either! xD I just added the gadget!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy Blogging,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 32 ) Adventure ( 1 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 37 ) Aussie Author ( 19 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 86 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 148 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 13 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 11 ) Contemporary ( 165 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 124 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 26 ) Excerpt ( 126 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 1 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 17 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 249 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 17 ) Hachette Australia ( 1 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 22 ) LGBTQ+ ( 3 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 45 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 3 ) Mythology ( 1 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 151 ) New Adult College Romance ( 1 ) Paranormal ( 52 ) Paranormal Romance ( 16 ) Playlist ( 2 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 18 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 102 ) Review Request ( 19 ) Romance ( 173 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 1 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 9 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 14 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 7 ) Teaser ( 24 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 3 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 3 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 94 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )