3 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday [15]

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that are eagerly anticipated.

This Week's Book

Toxic (Denazen #1) by Jus Accardo

Publication Date: September 11th 2012
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 400



When a Six saved Kale’s life the night of Sumrun, she warned there would be consequences. A trade-off. Something taken for the life they gained. But Dez never imagined she’d lose the one thing she’d give anything to keep… And as if it’s not enough Dez finds her immunity to Kale fading, the Six brought in to help Kale learn to control his killer touch starts drooling on him the moment they meet. Worse than that? Jade can touch Kale. But bimbo Barbie is the least of Dez's problems.

After Dez and Kale got away at Sumrun, her father lost not only his most powerful weapon but an important piece of the Supremacy project. Forced by Denazen to remedy the situation, he poisons Dez and offers her a choice—surrender to Denazen for the cure…or die. Determined to find a solution that doesn’t involve being bagged and tagged—or losing someone she loves—Dez keeps the poison a secret. But when a rash of Denazen attacks hit a little too close to home, Dez is convinced there’s a traitor among them. Jade.

Sacrifices, broken promises, and secrets. Dez will have to lay it all on the line if there’s any hope of proving Jade’s guilt before they all end up Residents of Denazen. Or worse, dead.


Why I Can't Wait:
I finished Touch the other day and I'm in the process of reading Untouched, the novella that goes between the fist and second Denazen novels, so I'm very excited to find out what's going to go down in the next instalment!

Can I just say how awesome the cover looks?! With Dez and the abandoned and rundown street in the background. I just love it! <3 What do you think?



What are you waiting on?

8 comments :

  1. Oh, I love the covers of this series, even though I have to admit that I haven't read them yet. ;/ Great pick!

    Patricia // My WOW

    PS. I love your rating-owls! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great book. Here's my WoW
    Thanks,
    Cathy @ Addicted to Books
    Check out my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven' read this series yet but, I really want to! Great Choice!

    Thanks

    http://youngadultbookhaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm super excited for this one too. great pick :)

    my WoW pick.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this one yet. The cover is awesome. I'll have to check out this series. Thanks for sharing. My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read anything by Jus yet, so I'm looking forward to reading something by here!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Touch on my kindle! I can't wait to read it although like a crazy person I just got 4 more books at the library. I wish I could read like 5 books a day lol Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower, I really want to read this series it sounds so good, great pick, my wow

    http://www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy Blogging,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 44 ) Adventure ( 2 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 39 ) Aussie Author ( 19 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 91 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 159 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 14 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 16 ) Contemporary ( 175 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 129 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 131 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 1 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 17 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 264 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 18 ) Hachette Australia ( 1 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 23 ) LGBTQ+ ( 4 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 46 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 3 ) Mythology ( 1 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 156 ) New Adult College Romance ( 1 ) Paranormal ( 52 ) Paranormal Romance ( 16 ) Playlist ( 2 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 107 ) Review Request ( 21 ) Romance ( 189 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 1 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 10 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 14 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 9 ) Teaser ( 30 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 3 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 99 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )