17 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday [17]

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that are eagerly anticipated.

This Week's Book

Dark Star
by Bethany Frenette


Coming October 23rd 2012
from Hyperion



Audrey Whitticomb has nothing to fear. Her mother is the superhero Morning Star, the most deadly crime-fighter in the Twin Cities, so it’s hard for Audrey not to feel safe. That is, until she’s lured into the sweet night air by something human and not human—something with talons and teeth, and a wide, scarlet smile.

 Now Audrey knows the truth: her mom doesn’t fight crime at night. She fights Harrowers—livid, merciless beings who were trapped Beneath eons ago. Yet some have managed to escape. And they want Audrey dead, just because of who she is: one of the Kin.

To survive, Audrey will need to sharpen the powers she has always had. When she gets close to someone, dark corners of the person’s memories become her own, and she sometimes even glimpses the future. If Audrey could only get close to Patrick Tigue, a powerful Harrower masquerading as human, she could use her Knowing to discover the Harrowers’ next move. But Leon, her mother’s bossy, infuriatingly attractive sidekick, has other ideas. Lately, he won’t let Audrey out of his sight.

When an unthinkable betrayal puts Minneapolis in terrible danger, Audrey discovers a wild, untamed power within herself. It may be the key to saving her herself, her family, and her city. Or it may be the force that destroys everything—and everyone—she loves.




I think the main reason that I am waiting on this novel is that it's about SUPERHEROES. I mean, what's not to love about superheroes? Add in an over bearing, hot sidekick / bodyguard and you have the makings of an awesome book of adventure and superpowers. Why must such amazing sounding books take so long to be published?! xD



What are you waiting on?
Link me up!


12 comments :

  1. This is such a great meme, I love hearing about upcoming releases. Excited for this one. You don't get a lot of superheroes that that Smallville's over, do you?
    www.dogearedandcoffeestained.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yes I love superheros! That is what caught my attention about this book as well.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dark Star looks so awesome. Great pick!=D

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-7-clues-to-winning-you-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I totally agree with you on this one. It looks AMAZING!! Great pick!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds think alike.. This my WoW too! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superheroes? SUPERHEROES?!?! I'm there. Added to my TBR list. *Looks at TBR list* *Gulp* When will someone stop time so I can read all the books I want to read? ;)

    Thanks for sharing! Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your WOW picture. *sigh*

    Also, very good pick! I'm all for the mommy is a superhero thing! :D

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everytime I see this cover I always think it's a video game. And then I read the synopsis and realize it could be. Looking forward to it as well.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I love the superhero thing (and that it's women!), and of course this whole probably-love story with the sidekick. And I have to know what this power is she has that could destroy everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this definitely sounds like a good one. I haven't heard of it before, thanks for sharing. And thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love superheroes, too.

    I haven't heard of this one but it looks awesome. Love the cover, too. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superheroes are the bomb. And it's about time they slowly make their way into the book world. They get heaps of lime light in the movies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy reading,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 62 ) Adventure ( 3 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 42 ) Aussie Author ( 21 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 98 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 183 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 15 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 21 ) Contemporary ( 195 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 146 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 142 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 2 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 20 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 295 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 21 ) Hachette Australia ( 2 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 4 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 24 ) LGBTQ+ ( 6 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 47 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 4 ) Mythology ( 2 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 170 ) New Adult College Romance ( 2 ) Paranormal ( 56 ) Paranormal Romance ( 17 ) Playlist ( 4 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 113 ) Review Request ( 21 ) Romance ( 227 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 2 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 11 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 15 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Superheroes ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 11 ) Teaser ( 37 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 5 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 113 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )