28 January 2014

Men Who Read Are More Attractive

Exhibit A: An Attractive, Reading Male
I don't know about anybody else, but when I see man reading a book, he automatically becomes more attractive. And if that book happens to be one of my favourites, the poor guy must be a God trap down here with us on Earth!

Now, I'm not one to fawn over guys (not the non-fictional ones, anyway), but I'm still a female with a heartbeat. Now, I'm going to tell you all a little story about my trip on the train to uni this morning. I know, I know. I can hear you yelling BOR-ING! at your computer screens, but please, bare with me.

So, there I am, sitting on this train in the morning peak hour, packed in there like sardines, just minding my own business trying to get my maths assignment done. We came to a shuddering stop at a station to pick up some new sardines to fit in an already full can, and I eyed each of them warily as they entered, preparing myself for whomever was about to invade my personal bubble. On walks this fine specimen of the male species and parks himself on the row of seats across from me.

Now, I may or may not (you can ignore the latter) have been checking him out from the corner of my eye as I worked on my math problem, but I could no longer be sly about it when he did the sexiest thing. HE. PULLED. OUT. A. BOOK. Not a magazine nor a thin book either, and proceeded to read for the remainder of the train ride into the city.

I ended up feeling like R from Warm Bodies, repeating over and over in my head, 'Don't be creepy. Don't be creepy' and not openly stare at the poor fellow. Needless to say, I didn't get much of my assignment done.

What I want to know is if I'm just this strange version of a book geek, or if this is common to our species. Have you lovelies ever experienced something similar to me?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy Blogging,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 44 ) Adventure ( 2 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 39 ) Aussie Author ( 19 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 91 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 159 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 14 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 16 ) Contemporary ( 175 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 129 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 131 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 1 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 17 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 264 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 18 ) Hachette Australia ( 1 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 23 ) LGBTQ+ ( 4 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 46 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 3 ) Mythology ( 1 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 156 ) New Adult College Romance ( 1 ) Paranormal ( 52 ) Paranormal Romance ( 16 ) Playlist ( 2 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 107 ) Review Request ( 21 ) Romance ( 189 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 1 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 10 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 14 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 9 ) Teaser ( 30 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 3 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 99 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )