23 March 2014

Sleeping Difficulties

I was lucky enough to get my hands on an e-ARC of Ringer by C.J Duggan this week - I was super excited for it because I love her Summer Series and I love Ringer in the other books.

So, in true me fashion, I decide to start the book just as I settle in for sleep. I tell myself, "Just a couple of pages." *Eye Roll* I don't know if I'm the only one, but when I said that to myself, I knew that I was lying.

So I read. And read. And read some more.

I think I really need to point out that this was a weeknight and I had to be up early in the morning for uni.

I may or may not have (you can disregard the latter) read the whole book that night... Lets just say that it was about an hour or so until I had to get up when I finished it.

I was like, "Rightio, I can at least get a couple hours sleep in before uni." But my brain was like, "Haha! No." and was on hyperdrive for the rest of my designated sleeping time trying to fully process what I'd just read.





So here is a little equation for you all that summarizes this post:
Good Book + Night Start = No Sleep
Therefore, Renae is dead on her feet and retains nothing the next day.


Please tell me that I'm not the only one?



1 comment :

  1. You're soooo not the only one. I was just about to do this! Maybe I shouldn't... but I know I will and then I'll be walking around like a zombie;) Love this post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy Blogging,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 31 ) Adventure ( 1 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 37 ) Aussie Author ( 19 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 84 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 145 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 13 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 10 ) Contemporary ( 163 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 123 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 26 ) Excerpt ( 122 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 1 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 17 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 244 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 17 ) Hachette Australia ( 1 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 22 ) LGBTQ+ ( 3 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 45 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 3 ) Mythology ( 1 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 147 ) New Adult College Romance ( 1 ) Paranormal ( 52 ) Paranormal Romance ( 16 ) Playlist ( 2 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 18 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 102 ) Review Request ( 19 ) Romance ( 167 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 1 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 9 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 13 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 6 ) Teaser ( 23 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 3 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 3 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 94 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )