30 September 2014

Review: Forever Kinda Love by Clara Stone


Forever Kinda Love
Clara Stone

Lovelly #1

Published August 13th 2014

Purchase: Amazon
Life’s. Little. Surprises.

The last thing seven-year-old Carrigan "Ace" Casper foresaw was an eight-year-old Heath Lovelly walking into her life the day her mother died. From that moment on, Heath sticks by her side, slowly becoming her strength, her confidant, and her entire world. What she doesn’t know is, she's his saving grace, too.

Ten years later, Ace is handed another crippling challenge that threatens everything in her almost perfect life. Only, this time, she doesn't turn to Heath, hiding the truth instead. But Heath knows Ace too well and won't back down easily. He's ready to do whatever it takes and will stay by her side until she accepts that their love is the kinda love worth fighting for.

Will he be her forever triumph or her unexpected downfall?

Two lives.

One story.

And an unexpected journey to falling in love.

My Review

I found out about Forever Kinda Love when Stone sent me a tentative message on Twitter all, 'wanna review my book?' I'm very picky when it comes to agreeing to review requests, wanting to be sure that I'll enjoy it - because no one wants to be reading a book they're not enjoying. So I got myself a sample of the book and gave it a squizy before replying. It only took 3 chapters to have me hooked. I got to the end of the sample and I was like, 'I MUST HAVE MORE!' I have to thank Stone for her quick response and emailing me her novel within 15 minutes. This made me a very happy little book worm. I finished the book that night.

The novel is written in a switching POV of Ace and Heath. They both have a distinct voices and personalities that made it feel as if you are getting two stories for the price of one. It's full of usual high school drama you expect from a story about a cheerleader and star athlete, however it was refreshing for sport to be lacross rather than the usual football.

The writing I found to be engaging, however I found myself confused from time to time, unsure of what, exactly, was happening in the scene. I think it might've had something to do with information occasionally just been thrown at the reader without any preamble, making me feel off-balance.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Forever Kinda Love. However, there is one this that really bugged me. Heath's and Carrigan's nicknames are never explained. Never. I mean, I could understand that if they'd been like 'Carry' or somthing - but 'Iceman' and 'Ace'? An explanation would've been nice. Just sayin'.

Forever Kinda Love is a heartwarming story of best friends, love, and loss. Stone manages to find the perfect balance between humour, aww-moments, and serious real-life problems.


4 out of 5

1 comment :

  1. Thank you sooo much for doing this wonderful review! Clara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy reading,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 55 ) Adventure ( 3 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 41 ) Aussie Author ( 20 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 96 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 178 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 14 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 20 ) Contemporary ( 190 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 143 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 139 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 2 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 20 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 288 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 21 ) Hachette Australia ( 2 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 24 ) LGBTQ+ ( 5 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 47 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 4 ) Mythology ( 2 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 169 ) New Adult College Romance ( 2 ) Paranormal ( 55 ) Paranormal Romance ( 17 ) Playlist ( 4 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 111 ) Review Request ( 21 ) Romance ( 218 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 2 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 11 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 15 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Superheroes ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 11 ) Teaser ( 36 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 5 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 111 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )