22 March 2015

The Origins of Rolling with the Moments

Redoing the design of my blog, I got looking at the old templates that I have used since its creation way back in July 2011.

And my, oh my, how things have changed.

For starters, it had a different name and domain - I think it was called something like "The Life of a Blonde" and my tagline was "Rolling with the Moments..." meaning my 'blonde' moments. It was basically a place where I would write about the mundane things that happened in my life during the joys of Year 11 in high school. I went back and read some of my first posts and I couldn't help but cringe - there are so many reasons for it; constant typos, my over-eagerness to be funny, and my appalling lack of basic blogging skills like how to use blockquotes, and images and captions.

I suppose some things stay the same - I still tell bad jokes, though I like to think it adds to my charm - but other thing change drastically. Like when my blog morphed from a random musings blog, to a book blog in late November 2011. I don't even know what prompted the change because I can't remember and there is no segue between posts. It's just one, then POOF! it's the other. Though  I think it might have had something to do with my obsession of books growing and the lack of things in my life to write about. It was at this point where the line "Rolling with the Moments" began to have a different meaning to me. It wasn't my blonde moments that the people around me had to tolerate, but rather, my bookish moments, like laughing erratically while reading, talking endlessly about fictionally characters, and having people not understand how I could have finished a lengthy book in one night.

This was almost 4 years ago now, and like with me, my blog has changed and refined itself as I've grown and experienced new things. Graduating high school, moving out of home and across the country, starting university, and basically becoming a adult, are all things that I have done since my blog's journey began, but the one constant has been my love of books.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me, and I hope you stick around to continuing basking in my book ramblings and lame jokes.

2 comments :

  1. Wow, you really did come quite a way, huh? But that's not a bad thing, don't you agree? I think it's particularly charming if our blogs grow with us. It shows how big a part it plays in out lives... Well, I hope to have you around at least a few more years yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm not planning on going anywhere anytime soon! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy reading,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 48 ) Adventure ( 2 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 40 ) Aussie Author ( 19 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 93 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 169 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 14 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 17 ) Contemporary ( 181 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 134 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 135 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 1 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 18 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 274 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 19 ) Hachette Australia ( 1 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 24 ) LGBTQ+ ( 5 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 46 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 3 ) Mythology ( 1 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 160 ) New Adult College Romance ( 1 ) Paranormal ( 53 ) Paranormal Romance ( 16 ) Playlist ( 3 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 110 ) Review Request ( 21 ) Romance ( 201 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 2 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 10 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 15 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Superheroes ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 11 ) Teaser ( 32 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 5 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 106 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )