20 April 2015

Reasons Why Reality Sometimes Sucks... A Short Anecdote


Once upon a time, I went ice skating.

Now, since I have only clocked up about 2 hours of skating time, it's fair to say that I am not all that great at it. I mean, I can stay upright and no totally look like a new born foul, but I haven't quite worked out how to do the whole stopping thing without using a wall.

So I was skating and only half paying attention to what I was doing because I was totally may have been checking out this guy that was calving up the ice like Jack Frost. That may have led my mind astray to fantasy-land where it did not register that he'd sped around the rink and was now cutting in around me until he appeared in my peripheral vision. Startled, I flailed like the graceful beauty that I am, and collided with him, taking us both down onto the icy floor.

Now, had this been a moment in a book, our eyes would have locked and thus beginning the saga of our star-crossed love story.

But alas. This was real life.

What actually happened, you ask? He disentangled himself from me, stood and helped me up, then told me to 'Keep and eye out in the future' and a gave me a rather condescending pat on the shoulder, then he just skated off. That left me standing there wanting to shout after him, 'Um, excuse me? I think you went off script!'

Yeah... Reality's a b*tch sometimes.

1 comment :

  1. LOL. That's hilarious. Love it. You're completely right--that's the perfect setup for a "meet cute" in a story. And you're also right--reality rarely lines up with fiction. But hey, it gives us some good laughs sometimes, & that's definitely gotta count for something. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy Blogging,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 42 ) Adventure ( 1 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 38 ) Aussie Author ( 19 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 88 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 156 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 13 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 15 ) Contemporary ( 170 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 129 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 131 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 1 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 17 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 259 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 18 ) Hachette Australia ( 1 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 23 ) LGBTQ+ ( 4 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 45 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 3 ) Mythology ( 1 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 154 ) New Adult College Romance ( 1 ) Paranormal ( 52 ) Paranormal Romance ( 16 ) Playlist ( 2 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 103 ) Review Request ( 20 ) Romance ( 184 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 1 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 10 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 14 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 9 ) Teaser ( 28 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 3 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 96 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )