13 August 2015

Diving Head-First into the (Vaguely) Unknown

If you're anything like me when it comes to books, you're forever finding new novels with an awesome synopsis to add to your TBR pile.

Here's what usually happens with me:
  1. I discover some new (or at least to me) and awesome book
  2. I wrangle up a copy of said book from somewhere
  3. I stash it way with all my other TBR books for when I'm finished reading my current book, slash when I have time for reading again
  4. I forget all about the book (I swear I have a memory like a sieve most days...)
  5. Some time later, while searching said stash for something I feel like reading, I rediscover the book (Hurray!)
  6. I can't remember exactly what the book was about, but I obviously thought it sounded good at some point...
  7. I begin reading not knowing the premise of the book

Though I do this by accident, I really like reading books this way. It means that I'm not constantly tying to link up my current position in the book with the synopsis, or when something that was mentioned is going to happen.

Sometimes I find it nice to be blissfully unaware of what the future holds - that way I get to enjoy the present moment not concerned about the future.


Am I the Only One Who Does This?
Hit me up in the comments if you do too!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy Blogging,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 42 ) Adventure ( 1 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 38 ) Aussie Author ( 19 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 88 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 156 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 13 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 15 ) Contemporary ( 170 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 129 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 131 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 1 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 17 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 259 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 18 ) Hachette Australia ( 1 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 23 ) LGBTQ+ ( 4 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 45 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 3 ) Mythology ( 1 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 154 ) New Adult College Romance ( 1 ) Paranormal ( 52 ) Paranormal Romance ( 16 ) Playlist ( 2 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 103 ) Review Request ( 20 ) Romance ( 184 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 1 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 10 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 14 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 9 ) Teaser ( 28 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 3 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 96 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )