17 January 2016

Review: Forever Summer by C.J. Duggan


Forever Summer
C.J. Duggan

Summer #4

Published December 29th 2015

Purchase: iBooks | Amazon | B&N | Kobo
You see there’s this boy.

He makes me smile, forces me to listen, serenades me out of tune and keeps me sane, all the while driving me insane. He's really talented like that. But for the first time in since, well, forever, things are about to change. The question is, how much am I willing to lose in order to potentially have it all?

My Review

Forever Summer  is the last of the Summer series. Lets all just take a moment of silence to grieve this wonderful world in a time and place where things where simpler.

*bows head*

Okay. So. Where to begin?

Ever since book one, Ellie and Adam have been my favourite relationship to read about. I was so excited when I found out their relationship was going to become something romantic! (I wonder what their ship name would be? Ellam? Adie? I think I like Adie. It's adorable, just like them!)

There are so many wonderfully adorable moments shared between the two that had me smiling. And then there were the moments that were just purely Ellie-and-Adam that had me cracking up and getting me funny looks on the bus for seeming like a crazy person. As always, Duggan delivers a little something for everyone with spunk and an addictive nature.

The only criticism I have with Ellie and Adam's story is that everything was chugging along nicely, then come to the last, maybe 10%(?), of the novel everything kind of rushes to a head and then resolves quickly. It through me a bit, and is the only reason that I couldn't give it a 5 out of 5.

When I sadly, and finally, put Forever Summer to bed, done and dusted, I was Skyping my best friend back in Aussie, and I accidentally called him Adam... That's not even close to his real name. That's how engrossed I had become in the story. I just couldn't let it go. There could possibly be something said here about subconscious linking, that I just can't even think about right now... 

Long story short, read Forever Summer! And if you haven't read the other books in the series yet - GET ON IT! You can check out the reset of my reviews of the Summer series if you need any more convincing as to why you need to read this amazing Australian summer romance series.


4 out of 5

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy Blogging,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 42 ) Adventure ( 1 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 38 ) Aussie Author ( 19 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 88 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 156 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 13 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 15 ) Contemporary ( 170 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 129 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 131 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 1 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 17 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 259 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 18 ) Hachette Australia ( 1 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 23 ) LGBTQ+ ( 4 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 45 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 3 ) Mythology ( 1 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 154 ) New Adult College Romance ( 1 ) Paranormal ( 52 ) Paranormal Romance ( 16 ) Playlist ( 2 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 103 ) Review Request ( 20 ) Romance ( 184 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 1 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 10 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 14 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 9 ) Teaser ( 28 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 3 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 96 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )