Love Wanted in Texas #1
Published February 23rd 2016
Alex and Will have spent months keeping their relationship hidden from their families. Getting caught prematurely causes them to admit their love for each other to their parents.
One decision made by Alex's father changes her entire world, shattering her plans for the future. Alex always thought Will was the very air she breathed, but life has a way of causing doubts for the one thing she thought was absolute…their love.
Can Will's promise to Alex be enough for her to hold on to or will she find herself moving down a different path that she never imagined for herself?
If I could only use two words to describe this book, it'd be cliche and corny.
I only managed to read about 25% of Without You before I couldn't take it anymore and just had to stop, but to be honest, I'm kind of surprised that I got that far. Like, I was literally wincing while reading, the writing was so corny.
Here are some of the thoughts that I had while reading this novel:
- Who calls their sister 'honey'? That's just wrong on so many levels.
- You're horny teenagers, we get it. Stop having sex every 5 minutes.
- Stop being so over-protective and beating your friends up for hitting on your sister/cousin, then turning around and hitting on their sister/cousin so you get beat up. (Boys *rolls eyes*)
- This is painful, why am I still reading?
- I know you're not all related, but there are enough groups of siblings in this friends mix, along with growing up together, that all this 'coupling-up' feels kind of incestie to me...
- Hahahaha that scene was kind of funny, maybe that's why I'm still reading...
- You're adults now. Go to the college you want to go to. Date who you want to date. Being an adult means you get to make your own decisions (whether or not they turn out good or bad).
- *cringes* Nope. That's it. I'm done. I'm out.
And my final thought before writing this review and seeing that there are so many 4-5 star reviews for this book:
- ...did we read the same book?
1 out of 5