26 May 2016

When the Reading Bug Bites at the Most Inconvenient Times

Twice a year, for the last 4 years, I have been bitten by that little reading bug when it is really inconvenient of it to do so.

During my exam periods.

So when I'm just puttering along during the semester and I actually have the time to read - barely a nibble.

The minute the work load starts to pile on and I have some crazy amount of assignments due in one week? The little bugger (see what I did there? Totally unintentional!) is basically chewing on me.

Last year, I was luck enough to have a whole week to prep for one of my exams. What did I do instead? Read the entirety of Jennifer L. Armentrout's Covenant Series - including the novellas! For those of you counting at home, that's 7 books. By some miracle, I managed to not completely bomb that exam.

Take this week, for example:
  • Number of assignments due: 5
  • Their combined total weighting for this semester: 40%
  • What I did instead of working on these assignments? I read A Court of Mist and Fury. Twice. (It was just so gosh dang amazing!).
So not only am I not getting my work done, I'm super-duper tired from staying up into the wee hours of the morning.

I'm trying to get my crap together with only 2 more weeks of classes left of the semester before exams, but it's really hard to choose to do homework over reading...

Have you ever been bitten by the Inconvenient Reading Bug?
Doesn't it suck balls?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts!

Happy Blogging,
Renae

Labels

Adult ( 42 ) Adventure ( 1 ) Ally Carter ( 5 ) Amanda Hocking ( 7 ) Andrea Cremer ( 1 ) Angels ( 11 ) Aprilynne Pike ( 1 ) ARC ( 38 ) Aussie Author ( 19 ) Author Love ( 4 ) Battle of the Nations ( 9 ) Blog Tour ( 88 ) Blogger Hacks ( 3 ) Blogoversary ( 2 ) Book Blitz ( 156 ) Book Love ( 5 ) Book Spotlight ( 7 ) Book Swag ( 1 ) Book Trailer ( 13 ) Book Twins ( 1 ) Books ( 84 ) Character Interview ( 3 ) Comedy ( 15 ) Contemporary ( 170 ) Contemporary Sports Romance ( 4 ) Countdown ( 1 ) Cover Crazy ( 9 ) Cover Reveal ( 129 ) Cynthia Hand ( 2 ) Debut ( 2 ) Dusty Reads ( 5 ) Dystopia ( 12 ) Dystopian ( 27 ) Excerpt ( 131 ) Faeries ( 12 ) Fairy Tales ( 1 ) Fairy Tales Retold ( 2 ) Fantasy ( 17 ) Feedback ( 1 ) Friday Finds ( 5 ) Gena Showalter ( 1 ) Give-away ( 259 ) Griffin Hayes ( 4 ) Guest Post ( 18 ) Hachette Australia ( 1 ) Historical ( 4 ) HOP ( 28 ) Horror ( 3 ) IMM ( 11 ) Inside the Author's Head ( 2 ) Interview ( 23 ) LGBTQ+ ( 4 ) M/M ( 1 ) Magic ( 5 ) Maria V. Snyder ( 9 ) Meg Cabot ( 1 ) Miranda Kenneally ( 4 ) Movies ( 2 ) Musings ( 45 ) My Life ( 3 ) Mystery ( 3 ) Mythology ( 1 ) NetGalley ( 6 ) New Adult ( 154 ) New Adult College Romance ( 1 ) Paranormal ( 52 ) Paranormal Romance ( 16 ) Playlist ( 2 ) Pledged ( 6 ) Post-Apocalyptic ( 19 ) Prequel ( 1 ) PROMO ( 18 ) PROMO Blitz ( 1 ) Quiz ( 1 ) Reading Challenges ( 2 ) Review ( 103 ) Review Request ( 20 ) Romance ( 184 ) Romance. ( 1 ) Romantic Suspense ( 1 ) Sci-fi ( 2 ) Science Fiction ( 10 ) Short Story ( 4 ) Special Content ( 2 ) Sport ( 4 ) Sports ( 14 ) Stacking the Shelves ( 14 ) Starr Ambrose ( 1 ) Supernatural ( 1 ) Survey ( 1 ) Suspense ( 9 ) Teaser ( 28 ) Teaser Tuesday ( 15 ) Thriller ( 4 ) Time-Travel ( 1 ) Top 10 ( 2 ) TV ( 2 ) Update ( 1 ) Urban Fantasy ( 3 ) Vampires ( 5 ) Waiting on Wednesday ( 51 ) Welcome ( 1 ) Werewolves ( 5 ) Writing ( 1 ) Young Adult ( 96 ) YouTube ( 3 ) Zombies ( 9 )